Friday, January 17, 2014

Writing Friday: Writing Book Reviews

Have you ever written a book review? 

Book reviews really help both authors and readers. The numbers look good and can even help your favorite author get his or her next book contract.  

How do you write a review?
You don't have to write anything long. It can just be a sentence or two, even. All you have to do is say what you thought about the book. It's as simple as that.

If you want to go for a longer review, you can mention what the book is about, and specific things you liked or made you think. Some people break it down into sections like the plot, the characters, the setting, and the writing. 

I personally recommend not reviewing a book if you did not like it. 

So, what do you do once you have a review written?

Post it everywhere. Amazon, Goodreads, Barnes and Noble, Smashwords, and any other cite you can think of. If you have a blog, post it there. Post the link to your review on all social media sites. 

Now what?

Read another book! :)



Have you written a book review before? Do you plan to?


3 comments:

  1. I have written some book reviews on sites like goodreads and amazon, but I don’t have a blog so I cant do reviews there.
    I agree that reviews are helpful, even the short ones. People might know and trust a certain reviewer, or they might look at all the reviews on a site like Amazon before they decide if they want to buy a book. When I’ve been on the edge of whether or not to buy a book, reviews have convinced me to go ahead and buy it. Also, if I’ve been looking forward to a book, reviews have kept me excited about reading it while I wait to finally get a copy in my hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Reviews are really helpful, and like you said not just for the writers, but they can draw in people who happen to find the book's page and are not sure if they want to get the book or not.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.