Monday, April 7, 2014

Book Monday: Review of Remnants

Hey everyone! I'm sorry this post is a little late...

Just a few days ago I finished reading Remnants by Lisa T. Bergren.

It was great, as I expected from this author!

Here's a little about the book:

"Our coming was foretold by the elders--- Those who would change the future, just as the planet teetered on the edge of darkness.Born on the prophesied day with birthmarks in the form of a crescent moon, they knew us immediately. Swaddled and screaming, we were spirited away by those who hid us, trained us, and kept us safe until our time came.
They poured their lives into us. Some died to save us.
And now we, the Remnants, protected by Knights of the Last Order, have gathered.
Called until we breathe our last … to save the world."


My Thoughts:
The Idea:
Remnants was very interesting! It was different from a lot of what I read. I liked the different angle of dystopian--the Christian angle. It was very cool. 
The Characters:
I enjoyed the characters. Andriana and Ronan were some of my particular favorites. 
The Plot:
It kept me reading! I have to admit that for the first part I wasn't SUPER interested, which was odd, because I have always completely enjoyed every Lisa Bergren book I have read. However, after a while I REALLY got into it and couldn't put it down. It was very nice!
The Setting:
It had an interesting setting! I liked the concept of the dystopian world. The author developed it very well. 
Overall:
A great book that I really recommend! If you are a fan of Lisa Bergren, dystopian, Divergent, or a good read, you will like it! Don't miss the chance to read it. 

8 comments:

  1. It sounds like a good book! Is it going to be a series?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "My Writing Desk" has been included in Tuesday's Sites To See for this week. Be assured that I hope this helps to point many new visitors in your direction.

    http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2014/04/tuesdays-sites-to-see_8.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds cool! I've never read dystopian at all, but I have been interested in some of Lisa T. Bergren's books. (I've heard about her from so many friends!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa Bergren is a fantastic author. Since you haven't read Dystopian, I would suggest her River of Time series. They aren't dystopian and they are fantastic.

      Delete
  4. Sounds interesting, thanks for posting the review. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.