Friday, June 13, 2014

Catch-Up Friday: A Week of Writing

Hello, everyone!
Sorry about not having a post up yesterday.
What have I been doing this week?

On Sunday I went to a Tony Awards viewing party at a local theatre and had a lot of fun. (Except for when I missed the opening number because somebody very rudely changed the channel to The Simpsons. Yes, The Simpsons. Note to whoever did that: I don't like you. At all. Okay? Okay)

Anyway, I have been writing. A lot. I hit 70 thousand words the other day in Carried Home, Swept to Sea's sequel and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. That book is almost done! If I have time to write, I am hoping that my first draft will be done within a week or so. Then, I will take a break (no matter how much I don't want to!) from that project, do some reading, maybe start on the third book (yikes! That's scary but exciting to think about!) but then after a few weeks I will start up on the editing. Believe it or not, editing is one of my favorite parts of the writing process.


What else have I been doing? Well, yesterday I found out that I won tickets to see the new movie Jersey Boys. If you aren't familiar with the movie, it was directed by Clint Eastwood. It was a film adaptation of the musical Jersey Boys, and it follows the story of Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons. It shows how they formed, their success, their breakup, and after their breakup. 
I went to the special pre-screening viewing last night, and I really loved the show! I didn't to expect to enjoy it as much as I did, but it was really good.

So, what have you been up to? What do you think of a movie being made of the musical Jersey Boys? 

1 comment:

  1. Haha! I don't like The Simpsons either. It sounds like you're pretty busy. I like Jersey Boys!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.