Friday, May 29, 2015

Romantic Times Convention (RT) Part 2

So...here's some more about the Romantic Time's convention.
I made a stop at Club RT. This was a room where, throughout the week, authors were scheduled to just sit at tables and talk to current fans and hopefully future fans. What a cool idea, right?  I was signed up to appear on Thursday, so I had to stop and take a picture of my name on this lovely sign. Then, at 12:00, the real work began. 
There were hundreds of workshops that went on, and the choices were endless. Basically, most days at RT went like this:
Get up. Get breakfast.
10:00-12:00 workshops. 
12:00-1:00 skip part of a workshop to get lunch in the crowded hotel venue. 
1:00-5:00 attend workshops.
5:30-12:00 parties, line up for parties, meet other authors and readers. 
So basically,, the schedule is jam-packed. On my first day, I attended a lot of very helpful seminars, and then got ready for the party of the night. This night's theme was cowboys and barbecue, so I dressed in fringes and, of course, a glittery cowboy hat. 

For dinner, they served: iced tea, (Which needed to be sweet. Oh my goodness. I put so many packets of sugar in there.), barbecue, potato salad, coleslaw, corn bread, and delicious fruit cobbler. The party featured dancing and a mechanical bull, but I didn't partake in either. 

So, while I was standing in line for this lovely party, I was approached by none other than Arianna Rebolini of Buzzfeed. You can imagine my shock at seeing the person who had written many Buzzfeed posts that I had read. (Thanks, Buzzfeed, for taking time away from my writing. Just kidding!) Arianna introduced herself and informed me and the group of people around me that she was writing a post about RT for Buzzfeed, and wanted to know reasons why we read or write romance. So, surprise surprise, I got to be featured in a Buzzfeed post! (Read it here. I am number two. on the list.) I also got her beautiful business card and some super cool Buzzfeed stickers. I felt really special. LOL

The next day, I started my day off right with attending an Inspy-author western pictionary party. That's right, folks, I played pictionary with the likes of Becky Wade, Francine Rivers, Colleen Coble, and many, many more. It was quite fun. 

Me and Becky Wade! I love her!

Stay tuned for more posts about my adventures at RT later this week. Read yesterday's post (Part 1) here.

2 comments:

  1. You definitely stayed very busy and did a lot of exciting things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! Sounds really hectic but fun! I like your cowgirl outfit ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.