Monday, September 1, 2014

Book Monday: The Wrangler's Inconvenient Wife

Hey everyone! How are you doing today? What is one thing you did this weekend?

I have a review of The Wrangler's Inconvenient Wife by Lacy Williams for you today.


"With no family to watch over them, it's up to Fran Morris to take care of her younger sister, even if it means marrying a total stranger. Gruff, strong and silent, her new husband is a cowboy down to the bone. He wed Fran to protect her, not to love her, but her heart has never felt so vulnerable.

Trail boss Edgar White already has all the responsibility he needs at his family's ranch in Bear Creek, Wyoming. He had intended to remain a bachelor forever, but he can't leave Fran and her sister in danger. And as they work on the trail together, Edgar starts to soften toward his unwanted wife. He already gave Fran his name…can he trust her with his heart?"

My Thoughts:
The Idea:
I really liked this book. It's about Edgar and Fran, who fall into a "marriage of inconvenience." Edgar marries her to ensure that she and her younger sister are safe. However, he never intended to get married. He and Fran work on the trail together, and start to grow close. 
The Characters:
Fran is a young woman who will do anything and everything to get her little sister, Emma, to safety. She was admirable in her selflessness to protect her sister. 
Edgar has not trusted women after he was abandoned by his mother at a young age. He planned to never marry, but he finds himself with a wife in this book. 
I liked the characters. 
The Plot:
This was a short and sweet book; perfect for the summer! I really enjoyed it. The plot was somewhat predictable, but I certainly enjoyed it nonetheless. 
The Setting:
I really liked the setting of rural Wyoming! It was perfect for the story and I tend to like western stories. 
Overall:
A lovely book!

3 comments:

  1. This book sounds like it would be a fun read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds very lovely.

    I like sweet stories every once in a while.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Stopping by from Carole's Books You Loved September Edition. I am in the list as #27.

    My book entry is below.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Book Entry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.