Sunday, May 25, 2014

New Orleans: Day 3 and 4

Hello, everyone! This is another post covering my time in New Orleans for the Romantic Times Convention.
First, I got my badge! Complete with my "Published Author" Ribbon. Which then proceeded to try to fall off after a few days. :(
Later in the day, I went for dinner with my amazing publisher and some fellow authors!

My first event: Scrapbooking! Tuesday was more-so a reader-oriented day. The real workshops began on Wednesday.

I wore a different striped dress every day. 

I got this mask!


After dinner with my publisher, I grabbed a snack of Pinkberry frozen yogurt. Yum!

After Wednesday's first events, I went out for lunch at the FABULOUS Ruby Slipper Cafe where I met this awesome waitress. She was so excited about the book convention.

At night, I got ready for a Pirate Party and Mardis Gras Party at Mardis Gras World.

The lines for the shuttle to Mardis Gras World were REALLY LONG.

This was inside at Mardis Gras World! It was gorgeous.

They even had a marching band for us!

Inside were all the real Mardis Gras floats. So cool!

Giant flowers! I loved it!

And I ended the evening by returning to the hotel with ALL of these beads and a stomach full of Bananas Foster, red beans and rice, and beignets. 

6 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a wonderful time at the RT conference, Heather! You've got some great photos and I'm, sure you made many memories! New Orleans is a different city indeed. Blessings from Texas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Caryl! It was a lot of fun. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Great pictures! I noticed your phone in the picture of your striped dress has Swept to Sea's cover on it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cortney! Haha I love my phone case from Vistaprint.

      Delete
  3. Awesome, looks like it was a lot of fun (and that frozen yogurt looks really tasty).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, Nathan! (And the frozen yogurt was really tasty.)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.