Friday, September 27, 2013

Writing Friday: Writers Write

Hello, friends!

Do you know what writers do? They write.

If writers want to improve their writing or just grow accustomed to it, they need to write. Now, I'm not implying that authors need to constantly add to their books. I would eventually need a change of pace if that was all I ever wrote all the time.

So, I have been paying attention to what I actually do write.
I spend a good chunk of time writing these blog posts for you, my lovely readers.
Also, I am beginning to work on writing a play. I know that a play is still fiction, but it is a bit of a change of pace from the novels I am used to writing.
I also occasionally write short stories for school. I wrote an unusual one last week, which I may share with you in next week's post. (You may need to remind me!)

And finally, another large portion of my writing is spent on yearbook. I am the editor in chief of my school's yearbook, and I write a lot of articles for that. Journalism is sometimes a refreshing change of pace as well.

All in all, as I writer, I write a lot. As writers should do.

Do you write? If so, what do you write? Fiction, novels, short stories, plays, articles?

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Cool! I'm excited to read your short story!
    I write a lot of papers for school, and I enjoy writing short stories when I have time.
    I wish my high school had had a yearbook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cortney. Short stories are fun.

      And no yearbook? That's too bad. They are really nice to look back at.

      Delete
  2. Interesting post! I'd like to read that short story.
    It's definitely good for writers to try out different types of things like that to keep from burning out on the same thing all the time, and to help develop as a writer by challenging yourself with new types of writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nathan! I'm glad you stopped by. I agree, writers should write different things from time to time.

      Delete
  3. I like this post, and definitely agree with what you're saying. I primarily write novels, but also poems every once in a blue moon and articles for the school paper and such. Different ways of writing help me to stay fresh, I guess you could say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am writing a book and I write blog posts, including joining in with Five Minute Friday each (well, most...) week. I'm not in school now but in high school I took a creative writing class and also wrote a bunch of research papers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.