Saturday, March 16, 2013

Blog Hop!

I was tagged by Caitlin Hensley to participate in a blog hop featuring questions about my work-in-progress novel.

Take a look at these author's blogs to see their posts for this blog hop, also!


http://zarahoffman.tumblr.com/
http://www.aidylewoh.blogspot.ca/
http://salexmartin.webs.com/apps/blog/show/24643664-blog-hop-w-i-p-questions
http://storitorigrace.blogspot.ca/


Here are the questions. I will be answering them about my current work-in progress, Swept to Sea. You can read a little about it here.



1: What is the working title of your book?
Swept to Sea.
2: Where did the idea come from for the book?
I have had this idea for a very long time. I have always loved stories about pirates, and I thought it would be interesting to tell the story of a woman stowing away on a ship, only to find out that it was inhabited by pirates. I immediately thought up some characters, and thus my book began. ;)
3: What genre does your book come under?
Christian historical romance.
4: Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
Hmmm...I can't think of anyone specifically according to their acting styles, but...
I DO love acting, and I DO look kind of like Eden....could an author play her own character in the movie of her book? LOL
However, Selena Gomez is close in age and looks to Eden, so I might choose her.
I have no idea who I would have play Caspian. I have found this model who looks a lot like him, but I don't know the man's name. 
I would also have Molly Quinn play Ivy, Orlando Bloom play Gage, and Hadley Fraser play Matthew.5: What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Fleeing an unwanted marriage, Eden Trenton stows away aboard a pirate ship. Terrified, yet determined, she sets sail with a notorious captain into the unknown.
6: Is your book self-published, published by an independent publisher, or represented by an agency?
Swept to Sea is currently unpublished. 
7: How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
I have worked on it leisurely over the past two or so years. I only seriously started working on it in the past year. 
8: What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
I would compare it to The Restitution by MaryLu Tyndall or Pirate of My Heart by Jamie Carie.
9: Who or what inspired you to write this book?
Basically my idea that I talked about in question two inspired me.
10: What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
I think my readers would enjoy the history, romance, and adventure in my book. I try very hard to make well-rounded characters that my readers can connect with. And besides, who doesn't love pirates? (I know, not everybody, but a lot of people do!)

2 comments:

  1. Cool! I really liked learning more about your book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool!! It was interesting learning more about your book!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.